STAFF SPOTLIGHT: DAVID FALZARANO
(August 29, 2023)
David Falzarano is one of our newest Project Supervisors, having joined Storage Construction in July of this year.
In his role, he is responsible for:
- Completing daily logs of on-site activities such as inspections, work being completed, issues, deliveries, safety, and photo documentation of work in progress;
- Reading and interpreting drawings on site to assist trade crews and foremen in completing their tasks;
- Documenting any deficiencies in work, and strategies to correct;
- Ensuring safety compliance with all OSHA standards;
- Maintaining schedule and documenting delays due to unforeseen conditions;
- Conferring and updating with owners, project managers, trade foremen, and engineers on site progress and weekly “look-ahead”;
- Reviewing project submittals, change orders, and RFIs from different trades;
- Scheduling inspections;
- Working with project managers to identify discrepancies in different plans to avoid or address future problems, cost overruns, and delays.
David began working for a general contractor in New York City right out of college in 2015. That experience introduced him to commercial and residential construction projects with specialization in the high-end residential market. One of his first projects included work as an assistant superintendent on a complex, 24-month, $52 million dollar townhome project in Long Island City. He later worked on an 8-story storage unit building in Manhattan, which taught him to work with the challenges of close, neighboring structures and a tight working footprint. Other projects of interest included the gutting and renovating of an entire floor of an upper East side in Manhattan for an art collector, and an entire brownstone renovation in Brooklyn.
In his free time, David enjoys off-roading with ATVs, traveling to areas in central Pennsylvania to trail ride with friends or family. He loves to travel and explore new and different locations.